Cedars International Schools are dedicated to providing safe, inclusive environments for all of our students. Because of recent concerns involving immigration rights, we are happy to provide links to the following resources:
- How to become a US citizen
- Foreign Embassies and Consulates in the United States
- National Immigration Law Center
- Know Your Rights (In English)
- Know Your Rights Spanish (In Spanish)
- What To Do If ICE Comes To Your Door (In English)
- What To Do If ICE Comes To Your Door (In Spanish)
- ACLU of Texas
- Workers Defense Project
- Equal Justice Center
- Catholic Charities
- American Gateways
- KLRU Article: For Immigrant Children Or Children Of Immigrants
As with any issue, children having emotional concerns related to immigration issues can contact their teachers, and our counselor will meet with them for support.
We encourage parents and guardians who might be affected by ICE to create a letter or document detailing temporary custody or placement of their children. Such a letter or document can be notarized by Mrs. Bowen in the Cedars International Academy front office.