Student Registration For Cedars International Schools
Cedars International Academy Schools is a Project-Based Learning, tuition-free, public charter school district for students of all ability levels, including accelerated academic programs to match student readiness. Opening in 2001, Cedars International Academy Schools now serves over 500 students in Pre-K4 - 12th Grade.
To learn more about Cedars International Academy Schools, visit our About section.
Sign-up here for one of our upcoming Virtual or In-Person Tour and Information Sessions.
Cedars International Academy Schools uses a lottery-based registration system. Every student has an equal opportunity to enroll by filling out an admission application. The new student admission application opens on January 27, 2022, and the deadline for the 2022-2023 lottery is February 11, 2022.
The lottery is performed by randomly assigning a number to each application submitted by the lottery deadline. Applications are drawn for the number of openings at each grade level. Our lottery results for the 2022-2023 school year will be shared with families by February 16, 2022. Please note that applications submitted AFTER the lottery date are added to the end of the waitlist.
Our student application requires a home address located in one of the following school districts in order for the application to be eligible for our annual lottery:
Austin ISD, Eanes ISD, Georgetown ISD, Lake Travis ISD, Leander ISD, Manor ISD, Pflugerville ISD, Round Rock ISD, Bastrop ISD, Coupland ISD, Del Valle ISD, Elgin ISD, Hays Consolidated ISD, Hutto ISD, Lockhart ISD, McDade ISD, San Marcos ISD, and Taylor ISD, Belton ISD, Burnet CISD, Comfort ISD, Dripping Springs ISD, Jarrell ISD, Lago Vista ISD, and Liberty Hill ISD.
The children of Cedars International Academy Schools staff and board members or the siblings of current Cedars students are given priority registration and are exempted from the lottery. For example, if a student has a brother or sister at either one of the Cedars campuses or if a student is the child of a staff member or of a Cedars Board Member and would like to be admitted to Cedars they will receive priority over a new student.
Cedars International Academy Schools has two campuses. Cedars International Academy serves Pre-K4 - 8th Grades in North Austin at 8416 N. IH 35, Austin, TX 78753 (at the corner of Barwood Park and IH 35). Cedars International Next Generation High School serves 9th - 12th Grades in North Austin at 6700 Middle Fiskville Rd, #102, Austin, TX 78752 (across from ACC Highland Campus). Our Pre-Kindergarten program is a federally funded program for four-year-olds who meet eligibility requirements. You can read more about our Pre-K4 qualifications below.
Click for 2021-2022 Student Registration
New Student Registration For 2021-2022 Academic Year Is OPEN
Ready to join the Cedars International Academy Schools family now?
Please submit a NEW STUDENT Admissions Application and select the appropriate School Year from the drop-down menu.
Click for 2022-2023 Student Registration
New Student Registration For 2022-2023 Academic Year Is OPEN
- Returning Students: January 13 - January 26, 2022. Returning student Registration forms will be emailed to the primary parent's email address. Parents/guardians may contact the school for assistance. If the Returning Registration forms are not received by February 11, the spot will be given to the next new student on the waiting list.
- New Students: January 27 - February 9, 2022. If we have more students applying for a grade than we have space, then we will hold a lottery for that grade level on February 11. Accepted applicants will be notified by email by February 16 and will be sent a link to complete the registration process. If the Registration forms are not received within 7 days, the spot will be given to the next student on the waiting list.
- Please submit a NEW STUDENT Admissions Application and select the appropriate School Year from the drop-down menu.
Click for Eligibility for Pre-Kindergarten
Eligibility for Pre-Kindergarten
To be eligible for enrollment in a free pre-kindergarten class, a child must be at least four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- is educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program... guidelines about NSLP eligibility can be found at the Texas Department of Agriculture’s Income Eligibility Guidelines. Once you select the appropriate school year, click on the Print Version link on the left of the page.
- is homeless, as defined by 42 USC, §11434a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child, including children and youths who are sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- is or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Family Code §262.201
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
Click for Project Supply Fee and School Supplies
Project Supply Fee and School Supplies
Cedars International Academy Schools offers a hassle-free option for parents to pay a $40 Project Supply Fee each school year. When choosing this option, Cedars purchases all supplies needed to complete projects throughout the school year.
If selecting this option, parents of Returning students should pay the Project Supply fee here before May 25th of the prior school year. Parents of Returning students with New siblings joining Cedars may pay the Project Supply fee for the new siblings by adding the fee twice to the currently enrolled student. Parents of New Students that wish to pay the Project Supply fee will be able to do this during the first week of school in August.
Parents also have the option of purchasing their own supplies for their child(ren). The Project Supply List for Pre-K4 - 8th Grades can be found here. H.S. Project Supply lists are provided to the students throughout the school year for each project.
Click for Campus Tours And Information Sessions
Campus Tours And Information Sessions
Click here for options to visit either campus virtually or in person.
New Student Registration Checklist
Our Mission Statement: Cedars International Academy Schools inspire and nurture a child’s natural love for learning. We do this by providing a safe, supportive social and academic community where children are given the resources and opportunities to reach their full potential as they grow to be life-long learners.
Our Vision: All children can and will learn in the village we build through community, communication, continuity, and commitment.
Public Notification of Nondiscrimination: Cedars International Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and provides equal access to designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Mr. Michael Blalock, 8416 N I-H 35, Austin, TX 78753 (512) 419-1551