Cedars International Academy values and encourages families to volunteer at least 20 hours each school year. To begin volunteering, first, complete a Volunteer Application each school year and email it to Donna Bowen.
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities including:
- PTO (Parent Teacher Organization for Grades Pre-K4 - 8th Grade campus)
- PIC (Parent Involvement Committee for High School campus)
- Parent workdays organized at each campus
- Driving or chaperoning field trips
- Specific projects requested by the school such as Playground clean-up, Lunch and recess monitors,
- Solicit donations from local businesses
- Governance Council (Parent and Staff members are a community voice to make recommendations to the School Board via the Superintendent, Contact Donna Bowen if you are interested in volunteering)
- Classroom Support (Contact your student's teacher to find out how you can help)
- Events (Contact the campus Administrative Assistants to learn about a variety of events at each campus)
Additional volunteer opportunities will be posted as the need arises. Volunteer hours can also be earned by making specific donations to the school. Contact the front office staff if you are interested in helping with any of these volunteer opportunities.
The Cedars Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is a large and active group of Cedars parents and staff. The Cedars PTO meets once a month to discuss ideas and plan fundraising activities to benefit Cedars educational programs. Cedars students also hold performances at PTO meetings throughout the year.
Assisting the Cedars International Academy Board of Trustees is the Governance Council, which is made up of elected parents, teachers, and community members. The Governance Council makes recommendations to the Board of Trustees and takes on specific assignments as necessary to ensure the successful operation of the school. The Council typically meets on the Tuesday following the School Board Meeting of each month at 4:00 pm.